Kamala Hospital & Research Center for Thalassemia & Sickle cell soceity
Society has been actively supporting research activities for improving patients treatment and in identification of mutations status. For HLA tying and later to guide patients for a permanent cure like bone marrow transplantation(BMT), gene therapy, etc.
List of publications
- MeherVani Chaduvula, Leo H Visser, Sujai Suneetha, Lavanya Suneetha, Ramesh Ellanti, Balakrishna Devaraju, Renuka Raju, Suman Jain. High-Resolution Sonography as an additional diagnostic and prognostic tool to monitor disease activity in leprosy: a two years prospective study. European Journal of Ultrasound . (Accepted in April 2016)
- Jain S, Visser LH, Suneetha S. imaging techniques in leprosy clinics. Clin Dermatol. 2016 Jan-Feb; 34(1):70-8 (2016)
- Sujai S & S Jain. Structure, electrophysiological & ultrasonographic studies of peripheral nerves. IAL Textbook of leprosy. Second edition, 2016, chapter 10 page 152-169
- Sneha Dadheecha, Sumanjain, James Josepha,P Vijay RaghavendraTejaswia,A Jyothy, Anjana Munshi. Influence of BCL11A Genetic Variant (rs11886868) with HbF levels in Î²-Thalassemia Major and Sickle Cell Anemia Patients: Association with Î±-Thalassemia and Xmn1 Î³G-158 C/T Genotypic Background. IJMR_1764_13 (Accepted in January 2015)
- Sneha Dadheech, Suman Jain , D. Madhulatha , Vandana Sharma , James Joseph , A. Jyothy , Anjana Munshi. Association of Xmn1 – 158 Ï’G variant with severity and HbF levels in Î²-thalassemia major and sickle cell anaemia. Mol Biol Rep. 2014 May;41(5):3331-7
- Suman Jain, Leo H. Visser, Muralidhar Reddy Yerasu, Renuka Raju, Meena A.K, Lokesh B and Sujai Suneetha. Use of high resolution ultrasonography as an auxiliary tool in the diagnosis of primary neuritic leprosy: a case report/ Leprosy Review, 2013; 84:1-6
- Suryadevara NC, Neela VS, Devalraju KP, Jain S, Sivasai KS, Valluri VL, Jonnalagada S, Anandaraj M. Influence of Intron II microsatellite polymorphism in human toll-like receptor 2 gene in leprosy. Hum Immunol. 2013 Apr 22. doi:pii:S0198-8859(13)00095-5. 10.1016/j.humimm.2013.04.009. [Epub ahead of print]
- Shinde V, Marcinek P, Rani DS, Sunder SR, Arun S, Jain S, Nath I, Thangaraj K, Velavan TP, Valluri VL. Genetic evidence of TAP1 gene variant as a susceptibility factor in Indian leprosy patients. Hum Immunol. 2013 Jun; 74(6):803-7.
- Rao PN, Jain S. Newer management options in leprosy. Indian J Dermatol. 2013 Jan; 58(1):6-11.
- Visser LH, Jain S, Lokesh B, Suneetha S, Subbanna J. Morphological changes of the epineurium in leprosy: a new finding detected by high-resolution sonography. Muscle Nerve. 2012 Jul; 46(1):38-41.
- Sivakolundu S, Mannela UD, Jain S, Srikantam A, Peri S, Pandey SD, Sritharan M. Serum iron profile and ELISA-based detection of antibodies against the iron-regulated protein HupB of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in TB patients and household contacts in Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh), India. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2013 Jan; 107(1):43-50.
- Bathala L, Kumar K, Pathapati R, Jain S, Visser LH. Ulnar neuropathy in Hansen disease: clinical, high-resolution ultrasound and electrophysiologic correlations. J Clin Neurophysiol. 2012 Apr; 29(2):190-3.
- Anjana Munshi, Sneha Dadheech Mallemoggala Sai Babu, Koppula Rajeshwar Akka Jyothy, Suman Jain, James Joseph. Lack of association of G779A ZHX-2 gene variant with HbF levels in b-thalassemia major. European Journal of Haematology 86 (502-506) 2011
- Raju R, Devi SK, Mehervani C, Kumar AS, Meena AK, Reddy PP, Pranay P, Jain S, Archelos-Gracia JJ, Suneetha S, Suneetha LM. Antibodies to myelin P0 and ceramide perpetuate neuropathy in long standing treated leprosy patients. Neurochem Res.2011 May; 36(5):766-73.
- Shinde V, Newton H, Sakamuri RM, Reddy V, Jain S, Joseph A, Gillis T, Nath I, Norman G, Vissa V. VNTR typing of Mycobacterium leprae in South Indian leprosy patients. Lepr Rev. 2009 Sep; 80(3):290-301.
- Jain S, Visser LH, Praveen TL, Rao PN, Surekha T, Ellanti R, Abhishek TL, Nath I. High-resolution sonography: a new technique to detect nerve damage in leprosy. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2009 Aug 11; 3(8):e498.
- Young SK, Ponnighaus JM, Jain S, Lucas S, Suneetha S, Lockwood DN, Young DB, Fine PE. Use of short tandem repeat sequences to study Mycobacterium leprae in leprosy patients in Malawi and India. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2008 Apr 9; 2(4):e214.
- Jain S, Muzzafarullah S, Peri S, Ellanti R, Moorthy K, Nath I. Lower touch sensibility in the extremities of healthy Indians: further deterioration with age. J Peripher Nerv Syst. 2008 Mar; 13(1):47-53.
- Andersson AK, Atkinson SE, Khanolkar-Young S, Chaduvula M, Jain S, Suneetha L, Suneetha S, Lockwood DN. Alteration of the cortisol-cortisone shuttle in leprosy type 1 reactions in leprosy patients in Hyderabad, India. Immunol Lett. 2007 Mar 15; 109(1):72-5.
- Pocaterra L, Jain S, Reddy R, Muzaffarullah S, Torres O, Suneetha S, Lockwood DN. Clinical course of erythema nodosum leprosum: an 11-year cohort study in Hyderabad, India. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2006 May; 74(5):868-79.
- Andersson AK, Chaduvula M, Atkinson SE, Khanolkar-Young S, Jain S, Suneetha L, Suneetha S, Lockwood DN. Effects of prednisolone treatment on cytokine expression in patients with leprosy type 1 reactions. Infect Immun. 2005 Jun;73(6):3725-33
- Young SK, Taylor GM, Jain S, Suneetha LM, Suneetha S, Lockwood DN, Young DB. Microsatellite mapping of Mycobacterium leprae populations in infected humans. J Clin Microbiol. 2004 Nov; 42(11):4931-6.
- Atkinson SE, Khanolkar-Young S, Marlowe S, Jain S, Reddy RG, Suneetha S, Lockwood DN. Detection of IL-13, IL-10, and IL-6 in the leprosy skin lesions of patients during prednisolone treatment for type 1 (T1R) reactions. Int J Lepr Other Mycobact Dis. 2004 Mar; 72(1):27-34.
- Mallikarjuna Rao GN, Hussain T, Geetha Devi N, Jain S, Chandak GR, Ananda Raj MP. Dystrophin gene deletions in South Indian Duchenne muscular dystrophy patients. Indian J Med Sci. 2003 Jan; 57(1):1-6.
- Jain S, Reddy RG, Osmani SN, Lockwood DN, Suneetha S. Childhood leprosy in an urban clinic, Hyderabad. India: Clinical presentation and the role of household contacts. Lepr Rev. Sept 2002, 73 (3) 248-253.
Composition of Research Advisory Board of Kamala Hospital and Research Center for Thalassemia & Sickle Cell Patients
|Sl No||Name||Designation with complete official address|
|1||Prof. M.P.J.S. Anandaraj||Emeritus Scientist,
Blue Peter Public Health & Research Centre,
(BPHRC), LEPRA Society BPHRC,
Near TEC Building, Cherlapally,
Hyderabad 501 301
|2||Dr. Q. Annie Hasan||Professor & Head, Department of Genetics &
Kamineni Institute of Medical Sciences &
Senior Scientific Officer, VMRC (Vasavi
Medical Research Center), Hyderabad.
|3||Dr. Kaiser Jamil||Emeritus Research Scientist and Head, Genetics
Bhagwan Mahavir Medical Research Centre,
AC Guards, Hyderabad.
|4||Dr. K. V. Radhakrishna||Scientist
National Institute of Nutrition
Jamai-Osmania PO, Hyderabad 500 007.
|5||Dr. Lavanya M Suneetha||Head- Research & Training
Infectious Disease Research Laboratory,
|6||Dr. Ashwin Dalal||Head, Diagnostic Division,
Center for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics
Bldg. 7, Gruhakalpa, 5-4-399 / B, Nampally
|7||Dr. Shailesh R. Singi||Consultant Hematologist and BMT Physician
Care Hospital, Banjara Hills,
Road No 1, Hyderabad.
|8||Dr. S. Sirisha Rani||Consultant, Paediatric Hemato Oncologist
Rainbow Hospital for Women and Children,
Road Number 10, Avenue 4,
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad.
|9||Dr. Suman Jain||Chief Medical Research Officer & Secretary,
Thalassemia and Sickle Cell Society,
Purani Haveli, Chatta Bazzar